1. K-State home
  2. »Admissions
  3. »Advanced Placement

Office of Undergraduate Admissions

Advanced Placement

The Advance Placement tests are given by the College Entrance Examination Board (CEEB) in May of the junior or senior year in high schools offering advanced placement courses.

Students who have completed any of the CEEB Advanced Placement tests should have the Educational Testing Service forward an official report of their scores to the Office of Admissions in order to receive credit.

How scores transfer

No credit is granted for scores of 2 or 1.  If a letter grade is awarded, it will become part of the student's K-State GPA.  Courses listed as credit only do not become part of the student's K-State GPA.

Each College (e.g. College of Arts and Sciences) sets a policy for how they accept letter grades or credit. View the college information for how credit or letter grades are accepted.

Students have the option of accepting or rejecting the exam credit.  In addition, if a letter grade has been awarded, the student has the option of accepting "credit only" instead of the letter grade within the policy of the individual College. The student may change from one option to another at any point during their undergraduate career. It is at the discretion of the academic department on whether a test score will be accepted for a specific class.  It is important for the student to consult with their academic advisor before making the decision.

Find out how test scores transfer to specific K-State classes (pdf).

The process

Once K-State receives the student's scores from the CEEB, K-State will send the student a letter notifying how the score will transfer and provides the opportunity for the student to accept credit only or the letter grade.

The credit will not be seen on KSIS until the student has enrolled.

Request information

Apply today

Meet your rep