September 13, 2017
Attend the 2017 All-University Career Fair next week
Representatives from more than 300 companies, industries and agencies are registered for the All-University Career Fair. The fair is three days long, each day catering to certain majors. Students are encouraged to attend the days corresponding to their major.
• Tuesday, Sept. 19 — agriculture, arts and sciences, business and human ecology.
• Wednesday, Sept. 20 — all majors. This day is a best fit to meet employers considering a wide variety of majors who may be qualified for their opportunities.
• Thursday, Sept. 21 — engineering and technology.
The fair takes place from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. in Bramlage Coliseum.
The fair is designed for Kansas State University students and alumni, but is also open to members of the Manhattan community.
Cerner, Koch Industries, Textron, LiveWatch, Cargill, Archer Daniels Midland and Netsmart are just a few of the distinguished employers who will attend the fair. A full list of participating employers can be found in your Handshake account or the K-State mobile app.
Students should dress professionally and bring multiple copies of their resume.
Following the career fair, employers may offer qualified students next day interviews, happening from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sept. 20-22.
A shuttle bus will run between the K-State Student Union and Bramlage every 20 minutes, beginning at 10:45 a.m. to 4 p.m., during the career fair.
To help students prepare, the Career Center will host several events prior to the All-University Career Fair including:
• Daytime Drop-ins — offered noon to 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday to get a quick resume critique. During the week of Sept. 18-22, drop-ins hours will only be offered noon to 4 p.m. Monday, Sept. 18.
• Career Closet — offered 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday to obtain free, gently used professional attire.
• Late Night Resume Madness — from 7-10 p.m. Sept. 18 in the Berney Family Welcome Center. This is the last opportunity to get a quick resume critique the night before the fair.
For more information about the fair and how to prepare, visit the Career Center website.