August 25, 2017
National search for associate vice president for student life/diversity and multicultural student affairs underway
A search committee appointed by Vice President Pat Bosco has begun the national search for the university's first associate vice president for student life/diversity and multicultural student affairs, or AVPSL/DMSA.
"The AVPSL/DMSA position will be a strategic leader advancing student success for all with a particular focus on the recruitment, support, retention and graduation of multicultural students. The successful candidate will also provide leadership and vision for the upcoming Multicultural Student Center," Bosco said. "I thank the search committee for assisting with this search."
Search committee members are:
- Emily Lehning, associate vice president for student life and director of New Student Services, co-chair
- Madaí Rivera, academic and diversity coordinator, co-chair
- Olivia Baalman, K-State senior in computer science and student body vice president
- LaVerne Bistie-Baldwin, director of Multicultural Engineering Program, College of Engineering
- Natacha Buchanan, K-State alumna, senior advisor HR finance and performance analysis – corporate partner representative
- Adam Carr, K-State junior in business and human resources and SAGA president
- Brandon Clark, program assistant, Office of Diversity
- Mandy Cole, director, Administrative Support Center
- Bryan Davis, K-State senior in management information systems and BSU past president
- Bernard Franklin, assistant vice president, Office of the Vice President for Student Life
- Lori Goetsch, Dean of Libraries
- Tanya Gonzalez, associate professor of English and Alianza vice president
- Kathy Greene, director, Educational Supportive Services
- David Griffin Sr., assistant dean, College of Education
- John Morris, senior vice president of development, KSU Foundation
- Savannah Rattanavong, K-State senior in mass communications and AASU president
- Paloma Roman, K-State senior in mass communications and HALO president
- Mary Vanier, K-State alumna
- Bryon Williams, assistant director, New Student Services
- Tonja Wright, K-State senior in animal sciences and industry and Native American Student Association president
- Rebeca Paz, K-State First, coordinator/associate director, Academic Student Services
Roberta Maldonado Franzen, director of talent acquisition for Human Capital Services, is serving as an advisor to the committee and Lindsey Fouquette, talent acquisition strategic partner, is serving as the executive recruiter.
Nominations and applications are now being accepted for this position. The search committee will accept applications until Sept. 24. The position is expected to be filled by Oct. 31 with the anticipated appointment on or before January 2018. More information about the search, including the job description, is available on the vice president for student life website.