April 12, 2017
'Inviting and Hiring Foreign Nationals' training session to be offered April 19
"Inviting and Hiring Foreign Nationals, WHR143," will be offered from 1:15-4:15 p.m. Wednesday, April 19, in the Edwards Hall commons area.
International Student and Scholar Services and Human Capital Services are offering this session to HCS liaisons, department heads and faculty involved with inviting and/or hiring foreign nationals. Information presented will include details about the various visa options, the processes and costs involved.
- Understand the various visa options and identify the best choice for employment.
- Discuss the limitations for each visa status.
- Review processes, the costs involved and the timelines.
- Define departmental obligations for each visa status.
- Determine tax status for foreign nationals: Are they nonresident or resident for tax purposes?
- Determine if tax treaty benefits apply.
- Discuss new procedures regarding export control.
There is no charge to participants, but registration is necessary to ensure adequate seating and materials. Participants may register through HRIS Self_Enrollment or by sending an email to Samantha Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org. When sending an email, please include your name, department, employee ID number, course title and the course number.