April 6, 2017
KPERS board of trustees election
Every four years, KPERS members have an opportunity to elect a representative to the KPERS board of trustees. Elected trustees represent your voice. K-State KPERS members can vote for a nonschool representative. Cast your ballot before April 30 by logging into your KPERS Online Member Account.
The KPERS board of trustees has nine members, some appointed by the governor or the legislature, one is the state treasurer and two are elected by retirement system members. All board members serve four-year terms.
The KPERS board of trustees:
- Reviews and adopts actuarial assumptions and reviews employer contribution rates.
- Determines an appropriate asset allocation mix.
- Establishes and follows investment policies and guidelines.
- Hires and monitors the performance of investment managers.
- Hires and monitors the performance of various other service providers, including actuaries, consultants, advisors and custodians.
- Hires and monitors the performance of the executive director (chief executive officer).
Visit the KPERS website to review candidate biographies and find more information on the election to help you make an informed choice.
Questions? Contact KPERS at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-888-275-5737.