February 15, 2016
The Office of International Programs announces new International Collaboration Awards
The Office of International Programs' new International Collaboration Awards recognizes K-State faculty and instructors who have collaborated with an international partner for the first time during the 2015 calendar year. Awards of $1,000 will be granted to K-State faculty and instructors fitting the criteria.
"International collaboration in the form of co-publication or joint scholarly activity is a critical component of the international outlook of an institution and the Office of International Programs wants to recognize the achievements of our faculty and instructors. We are excited by this opportunity to support those K-State faculty and instructors who are contributing to our international profile as outlined in K-State 2025," said Marcellus Caldas, assistant provost for international faculty collaboration and educational programs. The award was designed by Office of International Programs and the College International Advisory Committee that consists of one representative of each college and major unit on campus.
K-State tenured, tenure track faculty or instructors with a regular contract who had their first career publication in peer review journals, book chapters, books or creative work — movies, video, photography, plays, among others forms scholarly activities — in collaboration with one or more faculty member(s) or researcher(s) with a permanent position in a foreign institution as a primary institutional affiliation.
1. The faculty member needs to be a tenured or tenure track faculty, research associate, research professor, or a instructor with a regular contract.
2. If the publication includes many K-State authors, the award goes to the first K-State author that is publishing for the first time in an international collaboration.
3. The contribution had to be published Jan. 1-Dec. 31, 2015.
4. An author's contribution while affiliated to another institution does not fit these award criteria.
1. The relevant department head or unit director nominates the candidate by submitting a letter/email listing certifying the accomplishment.
2. Only one submission per person allowed.
3. Proposals should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 p.m. April 1.
For any questions including submission criteria and award information, contact Marcellus Caldas at 785-532-1244 or email@example.com.
The award winners will be announced in late April and recognized during the 2016 International Week Nov. 14-18.