May 19, 2015
Union Governing Board, Union Corporation Board elect 2015-2016 officers
The 2015-2016 Union Governing Board and Union Corporation Board have elected new officers for the upcoming term.
Union Governing Board serves as the general governing and policy-making body of the K-State Student Union. The board consists of 19 voting members, 15 students and four faculty members or administrators, and other non-voting members of the Union staff, including the director, a programming staff member, an operations staff member and the administrative assistant.
Five of the student positions are appointed from entities on campus, including a representative from Student Senate, Union Program Council, Student Alumni Board, Graduate Student Council and the Student Body President from the membership of any organization categorized as multicultural with the Office of Student Activities and Services.
The eight remaining student positions are elected from the student body during the Student Governing Association general election. Six of these positions are elected for a two-year term and two are elected for a one-year term. Voting members of Union Governing Board elect the president, vice president and secretary offices. The vacant Graduate Student Council Representative position will be appointed this fall.
Union Corporation Board is an eight-member panel whose role is to direct, advise and vote on matters of business for the K-State Union Corporation. The board votes on and approves annual budgets, long-term agreements and contracts. It also oversees long-term fiscal goals and policies for the Union Corporation and the Union. Members of the board include: three students elected by Union Governing Board, the president of the university, the vice president for student affairs, the vice president for administration and finance, a faculty member and the director of the Union as a non-voting member.
The following students are 2015-2016 Union Governing Board and Union Corporation Board members:
- Union Governing Board president — Joe Tinker, junior in psychology.
- Union Governing Board vice president — Jessica Van Ranken, sophomore in political science.
- Union Governing Board/Union Corporation Board secretary — Drew Unruh, senior in finance.
- Union Corporation Board president — Becky Brady, junior in elementary education.
- Union Corporation Board vice president — Abby Works, senior in chemistry.
- Union Program Council representative — Megan Varhola, senior in accounting.
- Alumni representative, Student Alumni Board president — Taylor Fry, junior in marketing.
- Union ambassador representative — Abby Adams, junior in animal sciences and industry.
- Student Senate representative — Alec Khoury, junior in economics.
- Multicultural student organizations representative — Le’andre Carthen, junior in mass communications.
- Student at large — Zach Lowry, sophomore in political science.
- Student at large — Ava Clark, senior in industrial engineering.
- Student at large — Stephen Kucera, senior in applied music.
Read more information about the Union Governing Board and Union Corporation Board or call 785-532-6591.