Kansas State University
Office of International Programs - International Admissions and Recruiting
International Admissions Specialist (Coordinator)
K-State 2025: By 2025 Kansas State University will be recognized as one of the nation’s Top 50 Public Research Universities. Our engagement with the international community is critical to the future of our students, our university, and our state. Internationalization is a “common element” underlying the vision and goals of the K-State 2025 initiative. This high level commitment to internationalization underscores the value we place on our international student population, and their contributions to the enrichment of our learning community.
Kansas State University invites applicants for the position of International Admissions Coordinator. This position reports to the Assistant Director, Office of International Admissions and Recruiting.
- Determine undergraduate admission elibility through evaluating the international transcript and verifying the financial document, passport and any supporting documents of applicants.
- Serve as DSO (Designated School Official) as appointed by SEVP to issue I-20 immigration documents.
- Maintain and update information of applicants on databases such as iSIS, ImageNOW, and SEVIS
- Understand and research credential credits and transfer equivalency from foreign secondary and post secondary education systems transferring to the U.S. higher education system.
- Correspond with applicants, relatives or agents by in-person, email or phone regarding to undergraduate international admission requirement and policy, and encourage applicants through the process.
- Communicate applicant information among ISSS, Administrative offices (Record and Transcript Units), academic departments, ELP and Graduate office as needed.
- Collaborate with any Student Services such as Housing, ISSS, and Student Life to provide best support.
- Assist in developing any application and marketing materials such as websites, admit letter and pre-arrival brochure.
- Contribute to international recruiting & admitting efforts in various ways such as international trips, online engagement, outreach to schools, finding and researching new marketing opportunities, collaborations, campus visits, outreach to K-State departments, and finding new innovations to make processes efficient, accurate, and customer friendly.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Previous experience in international education, working with student support.
- Three or more years of data entry in an office environment.
- Experience working with a diverse population.
- Ability to work cooperatively with campus constituents, international students and families.
- Ability to explain detailed information clearly and concisely.
- Strong computer skills work with multiple software programs, database and imaging software.
- Experience abroad, familiarity with cross-cultural interaction, 2nd language study
- Knowledge of basic concepts of higher education structure in the United States.
- Excellent organizational strategy
- Dynamic communication skills
- Ability to understand business processes quickly and with an eye for improvement
- Ability to work independently and productively.
Application Deadline: April 6th, 2015 no later than 5PM (CST). Review of applications will begin immediately.
Conditions of Appointment: A background check is required prior to finalizing an offer of employment. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer. This is an internal search to KSU only.
Salary Range: $34,000 to $38,000
Start date: Negotiable, with preference for April 27th, 2015
To apply: E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with International Admissions Specialist in the subject line. As a pdf attachment, submit letter of interest, résumé, and names with contact information for three (3) professional references.
Kansas State University is an EOE of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Background check required.Kansas State University actively seeks diversity among its employees.