Kansas State University
Office of International Programs
Study Abroad Advisor
Office of International Programs – Study Abroad
K-State 2025: By 2025 Kansas State University will be recognized as one of the nation’s Top 50 Public Research Universities. Our engagement with the international community is critical to the future of our students, our university, and our state. Internationalization is a “common element” underlying the vision and goals of the K-State 2025 initiative. This high level commitment to internationalization underscores the value we place on our international student population, and their contributions to the enrichment of our learning community.
Kansas State University invites applicants for the position of Study Abroad Advisor. This position reports to the Director of Study Abroad.
• Advises students and/or groups about study abroad opportunities; Advise incoming exchange students.
• Assists students and faculty with program logistics and coordination, pre-departure orientation and ongoing support.
• Helps with recruitment and promotion, events and communications with revenant academic and administrative individuals and office on campus.
• Participates in office planning, materials development, evaluation and data collection practices.
• Provides support and facilitates special projects as assigned by the Director of Study Abroad.
• This person will be representative of Kansas State University and the Office of International Programs (OIP) and maintains effective working relationships with Study Abroad and OIP staff, the campus community, and international partners.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree
• Minimum of one semester abroad or equivalent experience (ex: study, intern, volunteer or work)
• Eligible to work in USA
• High level of communication and problem solving skills, including attention to detail.
• Demonstrated knowledge of various aspects of international travel (passports, visas, geography, languages spoken, currency, politics, modes of travel, etc.)
• Experience counseling, teaching or working with students, preferable in higher education.
• Experience working with multiple, ongoing projects and activities in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience in public speaking and/or training
• Master's degree in International Education or Student Services
• Experience with Study Abroad advising.
• Experience advising international students, preferably in a higher education setting.
• Ability to communicate in at least one language in addition to English.
• Experience using Studio Abroad or other online application management systems.
• Experience in public speaking and/or training.
Application Deadline: November 4th, 2015
Conditions of Appointment: A background check is required prior to finalizing an offer of employment. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
Salary Range: $36,000
Start date: Immediately
To apply: Applications must be submitted in pdf form to email@example.com with Study Abroad Advisor in the subject line. Submit a letter of interest; résumé; names and contact information for three references.
Kansas State University is an EOE of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Kansas State University actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background check required.