December 23, 2014
K-State Online: Mediasite training available in January
Training is available in January 2015 to learn how to use Mediasite with K-State Online powered by Canvas.
Mediasite is K-State's new easy-to-use lecture capture and video publishing tool, and will be used to house your course videos and K-State's special event videos.
Instructors can use the My Mediasite app in K-State Online powered by Canvas to capture or upload video lectures, screencasts and tutorials. Instructors can automatically publish to designated courses or embed video content anywhere within Canvas.
The Mediasite training sessions to learn will cover:
- Adding the My Mediasite app to K-State Online powered by Canvas
- Creating robust video presentations
- Managing and archive videos
- Providing better video distribution. Students in rural Kansas and around the world will be able to experience the same quality playback as on-campus students.
All four Mediasite training sessions are in 301A Hale Library:
- 10:30 a.m. to noon or 1:30-3 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 13, 2015.
- 10:30 a.m. to noon or 1:30-3 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 15, 2015.
To learn more about Mediasite, view K-State's Mediasite website.