October 28, 2014
Health Insurance open enrollment ends Oct. 31
Oct. 1–31 is open enrollment for health insurance for benefit eligible employees. The 2015 Health Insurance booklet can be found on the state of Kansas website.
Key changes to plan year 2015 are:
- Two plans provided — Plan A and Plan C
- Health Care providers offered — Aetna and Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Salary tiers for premiums have been eliminated.
- Flexible Spending Accounts will allow a $500 rollover of funds from the end of plan year 2015 into plan year 2016.
- A health reimbursement account option has been added for employees wanting to enroll in Plan C but are not eligible for a health savings account. Questions on eligibility for a health reimbursement account or health savings account account? Please see the Oct. 20 K-State Today article or visit the Division of Human Capital Services webpage for Q-and-A information and a recorded presentation on the topic.
Kansas State University employees may use their eID and password to view and enroll in health benefits online. From the drop down box, you will need to select Kansas State University as the identity provider and click "select". Employees are then able to sign in with your K-State eID and password. If you are already logged into one of the K-State administrative systems, you will be signed on automatically.
Other ways to access the Membership Administration Portal system to complete benefit enrollment are:
- HRIS/Employee Self Service through the following path: Employee Self Service > Benefits > Health Insurance Enrollment
- "View/enroll health benefits" under HRIS links, when you sign into K-State Connect
- Membership Administration Portal direct link – this website does not use our K-State authentication and will require you to register.
After verifying your elections, please be sure to print a copy of your 2015 elections. The Membership Administration Portal system also will send you a confirmation email. This documentation can be used to verify elections should there be any discrepancies in your first paycheck in January.
Questions? Contact Division of Human Capital Services benefits team by emailing email@example.com or calling 785-532-6277.