September 4, 2014
Revised approval, routing and notification procedures for course and curriculum changes
A revised Approval, Routing and Notification Procedures manual for Course and Curriculum Changes, which went into effect as of fall 2014, has been posted. The revised manual, which includes the work from the Interdisciplinary Programs Task Force, was developed after a yearlong process lead by the Academic Affairs committee of Faculty Senate. The revised manual, along with the older version, can be found on the registrar's website. Revisions to the appendices and flowcharts have been made as well, which can be found at the website just listed.
Highlights of changes:
- Change to Appendix A, new course form, indicating that one to two credit hour courses may not be double tagged for K-State 8.
- Change to Appendix C, course change form, noting that only what is being changed needs completed in the current and change to sections.
- Clarification regarding what information should be included on the Impact Statement when making course or curriculum changes — page 7 of procedures manual and on appropriate forms.
- Notice that current online catalog information should be used when making changes to an existing course or curriculum — stated on appropriate forms.
- Replacement of references to UGE with K-State 8 — bottom of page 10, top of page 11 of procedures manual.
- Newly instituted process for undergraduate interdisciplinary programs and a revised process for Graduate interdisciplinary programs — pages 30-36 and 51-53 of procedures manual.
- Revised Undergraduate Credit Certificate policy, which replaces the previous K-State Certificate Policy from 2006 — pages 49-50 of procedures manual.
If you are proposing course or curriculum changes please refer to the revised document and forms.
Chair, Faculty Senate Academic Affairs Committee