September 14, 2011
Highlights from Sept. 7 Classified Senate meeting
Here are the highlights from the Sept. 7 Classified Senate meeting. A draft of the meeting minutes is available on the website.
Assistant vice president for administration report:
Gary Leitnaker discussed the Voluntary Retirement Incentive Program that was just announced through the state of Kansas. Currently 61 classified employees have taken advantage of this opportunity.
Executive Council report:
K-State Classified Senate position paper for the upcoming CSSC meeting was discussed.
A meeting with President Kirk Schulz and Vice President Bruce Shubert was held regarding raises for faculty and unclassified staff.
- Campus Affairs: Hanna Manning reported on the Benefits Fair scheduled for Thursday, Oct. 6, as well as the inclement weather policy.
- Legislative Affairs: Dale Billam reported on the CSSC meeting scheduled for Friday, Oct. 7, and the proposed position paper.
- Recognition Ceremony Committee: Annette Hernandez reported the ceremony will be Wednesday, April 25, 2012, in the K-State Student Union Ballroom. Subcommittees were selected.
- Public Relations Committee: Lindsay Thompson reported the next issue of the ROAR will come out in November. If you have anything you would like included, please contact Thompson.
- Classified Employee Opportunity Fund Committee: Annette Hernandez reported that two meritorious service awards and two textbook reimbursements had been awarded.
The Suggestion Award Program was discussed. Only the department of administration can institute a new suggestion award program.
Project SEARCH is under way.
Classified Senate Secretary
Animal Sciences and Industry
213 Weber Hall
Manhattan, KS 66506