October 23-25, 2014
Hotel Andaluz | Albuquerque, New Mexico
Student Registration $80 ($120 after October 15)
Non-Student Registration $120 ($200 after October 15)
Abstract Deadline - September 12, 2014
Need assistance with childcare during this year's meeting? See our Childcare Subsidy Program page to learn more about your options for licensed care in Albuquerque and how to take advantage of the AAG Childcare Subsidy Program (posted August 21, 2014).
The Friday night venue for this year's joint meeting will be held at the historic Albuquerque Railyards site with dinner catered by Sadie's of New Mexico. The "Yards" is a redeveloped site very close to downtown and the Andaluz Hotel (posted July 1, 2014).
Geographers from the University of New Mexico and Kansas State University are collaborating to structure a vibrant program that welcomes scholars from the 40th parallel to the Rio Grande and the Mississippi River to the Rockies to share research and develop new collaborations.
In addition to paper and poster sessions, a number of special events are planned including:
- An opening reception at the Hotel Andaluz in downtown Albuquerque.
- Invited presentation by Dr. Mona Domosh (Dartmouth College), President, Association of American Geographers.
- Invited presentation by Dr. Scott Collins (University of New Mexico), Director, Sevilleta Long Term Ecological Research (LTER) and past chair of the LTER Executive Board and Science Council.
- Banquet lunch and awards dinner included with registration.
- Field trips exploring the physical and cultural geography of the region.
- Student paper and poster competitions, including GeoBowl.
- SWAAG-GPRM student mixer.
- Free city transportation with an Albuquerque bus pass included with registration.
Opportunities exist for those interested in organizing special sessions at this year's meeting. Please make arrangements with the conference organizers.