Apply As A Graduate Student

The following are dates by which the applicant should submit the international application to the Study Abroad Office:Students Walking

  • August 1st for January enrollment
  • December 1st for June enrollment
  • January 1st for August enrollment




Exchange students wishing to apply as Graduate exchange applicants must have completed a four (4) year Bachelors Degree.  Students who have not completed a four year Bachelors Degree are encouraged to apply as Undergraduate exchange students, and then request special permission, after arrival on campus, to enroll in some Graduate-level courses. Additionally, all Graduate students are required to show proof of English proficiency (via IELTS, TOEFL, etc.) prior to arrival to K-State.

Students wishing to study at Kansas State University as a Graduate exchange student must first be nominated by their home university program coordinator. All exchange nominations may be emailed to listing the following information about the nominated student:

  • naming the student being nominated
  • the student's email address
  • the term(s) for which the student is nominated (fall, spring and/or summer)
  • the desired Graduate program of study
  • confirming the student does not have a disciplinary record at the home university
  • stating if the nominating institution has a preference to the student's visa type (F1 or J1)

Or may be mailed to:

Mr. Douglas MacMillan, Incoming Exchange Student Coordinator
Office of International Programs
Kansas State University
304 Fairchild Hall
Manhattan, KS 66506-1111


Phone: +001-785-532-5990

Once a nomination letter has been received by the Study Abroad Office at Kansas State further Graduate exchange application instructions will be sent to the home university program coordinator. Please contact the Study Abroad Office at for more information on the Graduate exchange application and nomination process.

Login to Complete your Application

Click the button above to log in to your application.