Student Office Assistant
Under the supervision of a full-time staff member, this position performs the following duties (though not limited to those listed):
- Completes tasks as assigned by the supervisor and other members of the office staff.
- Utilizes the most economical and efficient method of completing tasks. Work must be accurate, neat, and conform to departmental and university regulations.
- Serves as receptionist: Answers telephone and schedules appointments for staff members.
- Maintains confidentiality of all office files and information relating to the operation of the office. Confidentiality in this office is A MUST and failure to comply can result in termination.
- Complies with general office policies and procedures in reporting to the supervisor and completing tasks.
- General office duties within the Office of Student Life may include (but are not limited to) typing, copying, filing, running errands (on-campus), and other duties as assigned.
- Dependable and courteous with evidence of initiative
- Ability to organize, file, communicate well, and knowledge of general office procedures
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at any given time
- Professional in all interactions with students, faculty, and staff
- Experience in the use of a computer required
- Knowledge of Windows, Word Perfect and Microsoft Office; particularly Word and Excel
- Good typing skills with speed and accuracy required
- Good academic standing according to university standards
- Knowledge on the operation of office machines is helpful
- Previous office experience helpful
SUPERVISOR: Laurel Koch
POSITION STATUS: Part-Time, Variable Hours, Fall 2013 school year
STARTING SALARY: $7.25 per hour
Practicum positions for Fall 2013 have been filled.
Graduate students interested in a practicum experience at the Office of Student Life should send us a current resume or vita, and a brief (no more than 2 pages) summary of goals and expectations for a practicum in our office. This summary should be specific to the Office of Student Life, and address how our services, mission, etc., mesh with the student's practicum goals and expectations.
We encourage you to review our site to see the variety of services we offer. You are sure to find something that interests you!