What can be recycled?
The bulk of recyclable materials generated at K-State is mixed paper, cardboard, newspapers, and magazines. K-State recycles many other materials. Here is a list of what you can recycle at K-State:
- Aluminum cans
- Mixed paper - white/colored/glossy paper, computer paper, shredded paper, index cards, envelopes (except padded)
- Cardboard - plus card stock, paperboard, poster board, file folders, corrugated cardboard, paper sacks
- Glass beverage bottles
- Phone books/directories
- Books, hard-cover and paperbacks
- Plastic containers, #1 through #7
- Ink Cartridges (from printers, fax machines), collection bins are located in various buildings
- Wooden pallets
- E-waste - computers, printers, screens, keyboards, CDs, DVDs, and most portable media*
- Specialty Waste - batteries, aerosol cans, lightbulbs, transparencies**
*Call Facilities at 532-6446 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org and schedule a pick-up, or bring your e-waste to the Recycling Center. For departmental e-hardware you will need to fill out a DA110 Disposition of Property Form.
** You can arrange for a pick-up with the Department of Environmental Health and Saftey (EH&S)- it takes 30 seconds tops at: http://www.k-state.edu/safety/environmental/hazardous-waste/, or call EH&S at 532-5856. Small batteries may be mailed to EH&S at 108 Edwards Hall via campus mail.
K-State Does Not Recycle:
Adhesives, Binders, Carbon Paper, Paper Towels, Cling Wrap, Food Wrappers, Styrofoam Cups.