Tenant and Landlord Duties
- Pay rent on time.
- Keep the property clean and free from damage.
- Pay for damages caused by your own negligence or the negligence of your guests.
- Do not take on additional roommates or subleasors without the written consent of your landlord and roommates.
- Allow the landlord entry in order to make needed repairs or show your apartment on occasion.
- Follow ALL provisions of your lease.
- Keep the property livable and in compliance with all building and housing codes materially affecting health and safety.
- Make and pay for repairs due to ordinary wear and tear.
- Refrain from turning off the water, electricity, and gas. (If you are responsible for these utilities and they roll over into the landlord’s name, you may be fined.)
- Not unlawfully discriminate.
- Not raise the rent or change major provisions of the lease in the middle of a lease agreement.