Pepsi Products for Student Organization
Kansas State University and Pepsi entered into an agreement in 1999. Section 10.4 of the agreement guarantees that Pepsi donates a minimum of $50,000 per year for 10 years, including a minimum of $20,000 of free product. The Student Governing Association receives $5,000 in free product from that agreement each fall and spring semester to appropriate to student groups and organizations expressing interest and adhering to the guidelines set forth by the Campus Activities Board.
Student organizations are encouraged to apply for free product only if the organization is hosting or organizing an event, free to all K-State students (with certain exceptions), with a relatively large expected turnout. Groups wanting only a small amount of free product may apply but there is no guarantee product will be available.
All registered student organizations in good standing with the University are eligible to receive an allocation of free product. The Campus Activities Board is responsible for reviewing all applications and allocating the free product received.
Applications and proposals should be returned to the Office of Student Activities and Services no later than 4:00pm on Friday, September 6, 2013 in the fall, and February 7, 2014 in the spring.
All proposals received after the above deadlines must be received 3 WEEKS BEFORE THE EVENT to receive product. These proposals will be considered by the Chair of the Campus Activities Board in consultations with the Director for the Office of Student Activities and Services ONLY IF there is extra product available after all the allocations are made to organizations submitted by the September 6, 2014 deadline.
Student organizations will receive an acceptance or rejection notification no later than two weeks after the deadline. If an organization’s proposal is accepted, the acceptance notification will inform the organization as to the procedures to receive the product. The student organization should submit a brief report to the Office of Student Activities and Services, logging the number of students in attendance and the amount of product used within two weeks of the completion of the event.
Guidelines set forth by the Campus Activities Board:
- Must be a registered student organization in good standing with the University.
- All requests must be submitted 3 weeks before the event.
- The event must be held in Manhattan, Kansas.
- The event must be free and open to all K-State students*.
- Product is to be given away and NOT sold for any reason.
- The event must have a relatively large expected turnout of K-State students*.
- Free product is not to be used for private club meetings or conferences.
- A brief report should be submitted no later than two weeks after the event logging the number of students in attendance and the amount of the product used.
- Previous agreements with Pepsi and student groups can be accepted even if they do not comply with these guidelines.
* Exceptions may apply.
Questions, contact Susan Matzke at email@example.com