Student Organizations at K-State
OrgSync is Coming to K-State
Next fall, K-State will begin to introduce OrgSync to the campus. But this spring, student organizations will have a sneak peak at the powers of OrgSync. We are excited to bring this tool to campus to allow student organizations to finally collaborate, promote, and manage their organization online through a system made specifically for student organizations.
This spring student organizations will get the opportunity to begin using OrgSync. The first opportunity will begin next week when the re-registration process will start for the 2014-2015 year.
This year, registration for your organization can all be completed online through OrgSync. To register your organization for 2014-2015 and to begin using OrgSync the process is easy.
- Visit our new OrgSync Software at: https://orgsync.com/browse_orgs/110
- Sign in using your eID and password.
- Click on the green register organization button in the top right of the screen.
- Complete the registration application. Be sure to provide an email for the advisor of your organization. A confirmation form will be sent the advisor asking them to confirm their information as the advisor of your organization.
- Instead of requiring organization to attend the orientation meeting, we are asking a series of questions on the registration form. If organizations are able to answer these questions (Links to the information is provided if it;s not known) the registration can be completed online. If the information is answered incorrectly we will require groups to attend the orientation meeting to complete their registration.
- As soon as the registration form is submitted, the advisor confirms their role, and if the orientation meeting is needed it is attended, the registration will be completed and your organization can begin using OrgSync.
We hope you'll take the time to explore OrgSync after you get registered and in the fall we'll begin to host some demonstrations and work sessions to show you the full benefit of OrgSync to your organization. We will also have trained students who can meet with your organization one-on-one to help you use the full benefits available in OrgSync.
Check out this video for a preview of OrgSync. https://orgsync.com/36016/videos/27926. In the mean time, we'll continue to post more updates about the OrgSync Platform and how it can help your organization. You'll also be able to find out more by visiting the OrgSync Help Portal.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find Out More about OrgSync
Centralize, organize and manage your organization
We understand how difficult it can be to run an organization or program on campus. With OrgSync's online platform, you can stop using multiple programs to manage your organization, plan and schedule events, share documents and resources, and communicate with members. OrgSync centralizes all the tools you need into one platform so you can stay organized and become a more effective leader.
Manage Your Members
Now you can control who can access specific pieces of information based on their role within your organization. Whether they hold a position, sit on a committee, or are part of a project group, you can customize their access to every tool in the platform. Maintain accurate rosters for your organization, which can easily be updated as you conduct officer elections in your portal. Your rosters can be tied to events to track attendance and participation to programs and meetings.
Reach students where they are
You no longer have to know everyone’s email address or phone number to distribute information. OrgSync stores contact information for your members which they can update as it changes. At any time you can send an email announcing important news for your organization or mass text message members to let them know there has been a last minute change to an event location – all from the comfort of your smart phone or computer.
Create a sustainable organization
Create an organization knowledgebase where your leaders, advisors, and members can access information from centralized, online location without having to send files back and forth. As new members and leaders come on board your organization, they are able to access the appropriate items you give them access to. OrgSync will archive all organization information to help ease the burdens of officer turnover and transition.
Improve your online visibility
With OrgSync, as your organization puts information, events, and resources into your portal, your public website is dynamically updated. Most tools have embeddable website modules allowing you to integrate your portal with your website eliminating the need for a web developer with HTML or design knowledge. Many of the tools also connect to Facebook and Twitter allowing you to create everything in one place and push it out to your social media platforms.