Graduate Position - K-State 360
The Office of Student Activities and Services is currently seeking a Graduate Research Assistant that can demonstrate excellent teamwork, initiative, creativity, public speaking ability, and organizational skills. The GRA will be dedicated to the planning and implementation of the K-State 360 program. The position will be located in the newly remodeled Office of Student Activities and Services, in the K-State Student Union, opening in the fall of 2016.
K-State 360 is a program designed to help students have a well-rounded experience of co-curricular programs with the ultimate goal of making students stand out to future employers or graduate and professional schools. The basic concept is that a student will participate in three phases of involvement: exposure, engagement, and transition in six skill sets identified as most valuable by employers. The six areas the committee plans to use are communication, problem solving, leadership, professional development, teamwork, and diversity. Programming will be in place to help students in the program know how to use and talk about their experiences with employers to give them a competitive advantage versus peers.
This ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following responsiblities:
- Providing Leadership and Direction for the Program
- Taking the Program from development to implementation; using the current theories and practices in college student development.
- Help prepare budget and secure funding from University and Private Resources
- Ability to work with IT professional in developing IT needs for program.
- Ability to take direction from faculty and students.
- Ability to work directly with students and organizations to track events and progress.
- Ability to work independently daily
- Flexible work schedule
- Interest and/or experience in Student Development and Involvement helpful.
9 or 12 month ($10,000 – $12,500)
Conditions of Appointment:
Appointment is 20 hours per week for 9 months. Opportunity exists for a 12 month appointment. Some evening work hours are required. Those planning to be graduate students at Kansas State University for the 2016-2017 academic year are encouraged to apply. If selected, you must provide evidence of acceptance in the Kansas State University Graduate School and enrollment in a minimum of 6 credit hours per semester. A background check is required prior to finalizing an offer of employment.
How to Apply:
Applicants should provide a letter of interest, a resume and the names, addresses, emails and telephone numbers of three professional references to the Office of Student Activities and Services, 809 Kansas State Student Union, Manhattan KS 66506. Electronic documentation (Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat) is preferred and should be emailed to email@example.com.
May 2, 2016