1. K-State home
  2. »OSAS
  3. »SGA Funding
  4. »Forms
  5. »Lecturers, Speakers, or Entertainers Information

Office of Student Activities and Services

Lecturers, Speakers, or Entertainers Information

Your organization will need to turn in two forms for Lecturers, Speakers, or Entertainers:

  1. Lecturers, Speakers, or Entertainers Information Form
  2. Form W-9, Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification

Please turn in the Lecturers, Speakers, or Entertainers paperwork at least four weeks prior to the event to ensure prompt payment arrangements. It takes the State of Kansas 3-4 weeks to issue a payment.

The performer's social security number or Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) and home address is required for all Lecturers, Speakers, or Entertainers for tax reporting purposes. Please contact the OSAS Budget Office if you have problems attaining this information.

International performers will need to file for a Tax Identification Number (TIN) if he/she has not been assigned one by the IRS in the past. This process takes the IRS approximately 2-3 months. Once a number is assigned by the IRS, payment will be submitted. However, there may be a 40% tax deduction, depending on any existing tax treaties between the United States and the performer's home country. For this reason, we prefer to reimburse international performers for exact travel expenses only (non-taxable). You will be responsible for submitting the appropriate paperwork (Lecturers, Speakers, or Entertainers Information Form) and the international performer's travel receipts. Please contact the OSAS Budget Office as soon as possible if you would like to bring an international performer to campus.

The State of Kansas will not allow Lecturers, Speakers, or Entertainers payments to anyone who has been an employee of the State of Kansas within the current tax year. There is no exception to this policy.

All Lecturers, Speakers, or Entertainers events must be educational, free and open to the K-State student body.

Lecturers, Speakers, or Entertainers payments issued prior to the event date can be given to the organization's contact person to present to the performer after the event.

Lecturers, Speakers, or Entertainers payments issued after the event date will be mailed to the performer's home address from the State of Kansas Treasury, Topeka, KS.

View the Form