From academic advising to assistance with course work, Kansas State University supports your success as a student and beyond.
In the classroom
The university offers various free tutoring resources, including walk-in sessions, one-on-one tutors and course-specific assistance.
The K-State Writing Center offers one-to-one consultations about writing projects with students from all disciplines.
A wide range of academic accommodations and services are available to students with documented disabilities through the Student Access Center.
Programs and services
Take part in one of the many programs and services Kansas State University has to help guide you in your academic success.
Academic support programs and services
- The Academic Transition Program provides domestic multicultural students with academic and emotional support.
- Developing Scholars offers underrepresented students research projects in their field of study with faculty mentors.
- Educational Supportive Services provides services to help eligible students improve class performance and find the necessary academic, financial, and career resources on campus and in the community.
- First Scholars is designed to focus on the holistic development of first-generation students.
- International Student and Scholar Services provides assistance to international students through advising and more.
- K-State First offers first-year seminars, CAT Communities, and the Guide to Personal Success program for first-year students.
- McNairs Scholar Program prepares undergraduates for successful careers as graduate students, professors, and professional researchers.
- The PILOTS program helps students build community and gain the tools and skills necessary to success in college.
- Plan for Success is a program that supports first-year students with help in course selection, time management, study strategies and creating a personalized academic plan.
- The Student Access Center offers supportive services to students with disabilities.
- University Experience is a student success course for first-year students that combines an orientation to K-State with academic skills instruction and direct application of study techniques.
Stop by the help desk in Hale Library or electronically ask a librarian your research questions.
Get your footing
Taking simple steps to take care of yourself can give you a boost in both your academic and personal lives. K-State Counseling Services offers many online resources, from tips on managing your time to free programs over academic anxiety.