College of Business Administration hosts Phillips 66 for week of workshops and seminars
Monday, Sept. 16, 2013
MANHATTAN -- Executives from leading energy company Phillips 66 will be at Kansas State University's College of Business Administration to teach, interact and recruit students during the college's Phillips 66 Week.
The three-day event, Sept. 17-19, will feature a seminar about networking, a workshop on how to work a career fair and multiple opportunities for resume reviews and networking.
A networking barbecue, from 5-7 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 19, at the International Grains Program Building, will culminate the event.
Sign-up is required for most events. To register please visit http://cba.k-state.edu/professionaladvantage.
Students in the College of Business Administration are welcome to participate in all events, and they will receive Professional Advantage points, toward completion of the college's professional development program, for each of the events they attend.
"We are looking forward to having Phillips 66 in the college," said Olivia Law-DelRosso, director of the Professional Advantage program, which includes the college's Corporate Days program. "Students will be able to network with employees of the company and learn valuable lessons related to job search and communication."
Corporate Days is an opportunity for companies to come to campus and network with students and faculty of the College of Business Administration. Companies are invited to participate in the program, giving them the opportunity to interact with students through lectures, workshops and networking receptions, as well as get to know faculty and learn about their applied research. To learn more, visit http:/cba.k-state.edu/corporatedays.
Events for Phillips 66 Week in the College of Business Administration include:
Tuesday, Sept. 17
* 9:15-11:30 a.m. -- Information table and resume review, first floor, Calvin Hall
* 1:05-2:20 p.m. -- Networking Successfully Seminar, Flint Hills Room, K-State Student Union
Wednesday, Sept. 18
* 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. -- Information table and resume review, first floor, Calvin Hall
* 2:30-3:20 p.m. -- How to Work a Career Fair, Little Theatre, K-State Student Union
Thursday, Sept. 19
* 10:30 a.m.-1:15 p.m. -- Information table and resume review, first floor, Calvin Hall
* 2:30-3:34 p.m. -- Young Alumni Panel, Flint Hills Room, K-State Student Union
* 5-7: p.m. -- Barbecue and Networking, International Grains Program Building