'Night of Wonder': Friends of Beach Museum of Art fundraiser showcases campus talent
Thursday, Sept. 5, 2013
The Friends of the Beach Museum of Art will present "Night of Wonder" from 6-9 p.m. Friday, Sept. 20, at the museum. Cocktails, complimentary wine and beer, fine dining and a variety of entertainment will be offered.
"Night of Wonder" echoes the "Museum of Wonder" exhibition, which celebrates the university's 150th anniversary, by juxtaposing interesting pieces as individual curiosities that illuminate one another. The evening also celebrates the array of talent on campus, highlighting the contributions of students and faculty to the community during the university's first 150 years. Tickets are $125 each; funds from the event go to the Kansas Artists Fund to help the museum add to its collection.
Featured entertainment will include:
* Cabaret singer Patricia Thompson;
* "Quiet City" by Aaron Copland, performed by university music faculty with members of the K-State Dance Workshop;
* "Three Questions for Solo Marimba," written and performed by Bryce Craig with members of the K-State Dance Workshop;
* An interactive sculpture featuring students from the interior architecture and product design department and members of the K-State Dance Workshop;
* A digital art exhibition by faculty and students from the university's art department; and
* Some surprises.
Cocktail attire is appropriate. To purchase tickets or RSVP, contact 785-532-7718 or email@example.com.