Networking, career development offered at College of Business Administration's Cerner Days
Tuesday, Oct. 8, 2013
Cerner Days will be Oct. 9-10 and will feature a seminar on career development tips and tricks, an information session about career opportunities at Cerner, resume reviews and multiple occasions for mock interviews.
A networking reception for students will be from 4:30-6:30 p.m. Oct. 10 at Kite's Bar and Grill in Aggieville to cap off the two-day event.
Sign-up and registration is required for most events. To register, visit http://cba.k-state.edu/professionaladvantage.
Students in the College of Business Administration can participate in all events, and they will receive Professional Advantage points toward the completion of the college's professional development program for each of the events they attend.
"We are excited to welcome Cerner to the college," said Olivia Law-DelRosso, director of Professional Advantage. "Students will have a unique opportunity to network with representatives from Cerner, practice their interview skills and learn about job opportunities."
Corporate Days is a chance for top hiring companies to come to campus and network with students and faculty of the College of Business Administration. Companies are invited to participate in the program, giving them the opportunity to interact with students through seminars, workshops and networking events, as well as getting to know the faculty and learn about applied research. To learn more, visit http:/cba.k-state.edu/corporatedays.
Events for Cerner Days in the College of Business Administration include:
Wednesday, Oct. 9
* 8:15-11:30 a.m. -- Information table and resume reviews with Cerner, first floor, Calvin Hall
* 1:15-2:45 p.m. -- Mock interviews with Cerner, 307 Calvin Hall
* 3:30-4:20 p.m. -- Careers with Cerner information session, 116 Calvin Hall
Thursday, Oct. 10
* 9:15-11:45 a.m. -- Information table and resume reviews with Cerner, first floor, Calvin Hall
* 2:30-3:45 p.m. -- Career development tips and tricks from Cerner, Big 12 Room, K-State Student Union
* 4:30-6:30 p.m. – Networking with Cerner, Kite's Bar and Grill, Aggieville