Small fire extinguished at K-State Student Union
Thursday, Nov. 19, 2015
MANHATTAN — A small fire was extinguished at the K-State Student Union around 1 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 19.
Alarms sounded at 12:58 p.m. when grease ignited in a fryer in Panda Express. The building was evacuated and no one was injured.
A Union maintenance staff member put out the fire with an extinguisher. Emergency crews also responded and determined the building was safe. Normal operations resumed at the Union shortly before 1:30 p.m.