College of Business Administration hosts GTM Week for networking and interacting with students
Friday, Nov. 1, 2013
MANHATTAN -- Executives from GTM Sportswear will be at Kansas State University's College of Business Administration to interact and recruit students during the college's GTM Week, Nov. 4-8.
GTM Week will feature an information booth, networking opportunities, mock interviews, a seminar on how to make the most out of an internship and a tour of the GTM headquarters.
Dave Dreiling, owner of GTM Sportswear, will present a lecture for students from 10:30-11:20 a.m. Friday, Nov. 8, in the Big 12 Room at the K-State Student Union to cap off the weeklong event.
Sign up and registration is required most events. To register visit http://cba.k-state.edu/professionaladvantage.
Students in the College of Business Administration are encouraged to participate in all events. Undergraduate students will receive Professional Advantage points toward completion of the college's professional development program for each of the events they attend.
"We are thrilled to have GTM Sportswear visit the college for the week," said Olivia Law-DelRosso, director of the Professional Advantage program. "Students will have the chance to meet with GTM representatives to learn about internships, part-time jobs and future careers."
GTM Week is part of the college's Corporate Days, an opportunity for top hiring companies to come to campus and network with students and faculty of the college. Companies are invited to participate in the program, giving them the opportunity to interact with students through seminars, workshops and networking events, as well as getting to know the faculty and learn about applied research. To learn more, visit http:/cba.k-state.edu/corporatedays.
Events for GTM Week in the College of Business Administration include:
* Monday, Nov. 4, Meet and network with GTM Sportswear, 4:30-6:30 p.m., Powercat Sports Grill, 3011 Anderson Ave, Manhattan.
* Tuesday, Nov. 5, GTM Sportswear information booth, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., first and third floors, Calvin Hall.
* Wednesday, Nov. 6, GTM Sportswear information booth, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., first and third floors, Calvin Hall; and GTM Sportswear mock interview, 1:30-3:30 p.m., 307 Calvin Hall.
* Thursday, Nov. 7, GTM Sportwear: Making the Most of Your Internship, 2:30-3:20 p.m., Big 12 Room, K-State Student Union.
* Friday, Nov. 8, GTM headquarters tour, 9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., 520 McCall Road, Manhattan; Leadership and Entrepreneurship with Dave Dreiling, owner of GTM Sportswear, 10:30-11:20 a.m., Big 12 Room, Union.