University, K-State Alumni Association receive CASE awards for writing, design and creativity
Monday, Dec. 15, 2014
MANHATTAN — Kansas State University's Division of Communications and Marketing and the K-State Alumni Association are receiving 24 awards from the Council for Advancement and Support of Education, or CASE, Mid-America District VI.
The council is an international association of educational institutions. District VI includes Colorado, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wyoming. Each year the district selects the CASE awards, which recognize and celebrate outstanding programs and individuals, from hundreds of entries submitted by the institutions.
The K-State Alumni Association received 14 CASE awards for creative works and programs during 2014-2015.
"The CASE awards recognize the talent and creativity of our collective staffs in providing exceptional programming, materials and services to help alumni and friends maintain lifelong connections with K-State," said Amy Button Renz, president and CEO of the K-State Alumni Association.
The association's awards:
• Gold awards for the design of the 2014 K-State Alumni Association Calendar; the Communications Survey for best practices in communications and marketing; the Higher Ed Grassroots advocacy campaign in strategic communications; and the Multicultural Graduation Celebration in the alumni relations diversity programs category.
• Silver awards for the holiday animation e-card for innovative use of technology in public relations and marketing; the Wabash CannonBall Kansas City brochure in the single-page publication design category; the Junior Wildcats Club in the alumni relations programming for special constituents category; Tradition Founders in the annual giving programs category; photography excellence of a portfolio of six photos published in the K-Stater magazine; the Distinguished Young Alumni program in the multiday special events programs; and the Wabash CannonBall Colorado in the single-day special events category.
• Bronze awards for a portfolio of five articles published in the K-Stater magazine; the For Sophomores Only program in the student alumni initiatives category; and the Alumni Fellows program in the volunteer engagement and leadership involvement category.
Kansas State University's Division of Communications and Marketing received 10 CASE awards for creative works during 2014-2015.
"The CASE awards validate that the K-State one-voice initiative is successful and the university is benefiting from talented individuals with a passion to promote the university," said Jeff Morris, university vice president for communications and marketing. "We are honored to be recognized for our work to advance and support education at Kansas State University."
The division's awards:
• Gold awards for the design of the 2025 Annual Report in the multipage publications category; 2025 Annual Report in the president's reports/annual reports category; and the Perspectives magazine summer 2014 issue in the special constituency magazines category.
• Silver awards for the design of Perspectives Magazine summer 2014 issue; design of the Shed the Digital poster; and the design of the admission's package Search piece in the single-page publications category.
• Bronze awards for the design of Creativity Illuminated poster; West Stadium Aerial photo in the individual photographs category; Experience Life at K-State recruitment video in the long videos category; and K-State Video News in the strategic communications-media relations program category.