More than 1,800 students graduating Dec. 13 and 14
Thursday, Dec. 5, 2013
MANHATTAN -- Kansas State University commencement ceremonies will be Friday, Dec. 13, on the Salina and Manhattan campuses, and Saturday, Dec. 14, on the Manhattan campus.
The university will award more than 1,400 bachelor's degrees, nearly 300 master's degrees and 90 doctorates, and 16 associate degrees. Around 150 candidates for graduation are earning their degrees through the university's distance education program.
Commencement ceremonies Dec. 13 include the Graduate School at 1 p.m. in Bramlage Coliseum. Orlando Taylor, president of the Chicago School of Professional Psychology, Washington, D.C., campus, will be the commencement speaker. The commencement ceremony on the Salina campus will be at 7 p.m. in the Student Life Center. Clark Renfro, senior vice president at Bennington State Bank, will be the commencement speaker.
Commencement ceremonies Dec. 14 will all take place in Bramlage Coliseum on the Manhattan campus. The schedule and speakers include:
* College of Agriculture, 1 p.m. Joel DeRouchey, professor of animal sciences and industry, will give the commencement address.
* College of Arts and Sciences, 8:30 a.m. John Fliter, associate professor of political science and 2013-2014 Coffman chair for distinguished teaching scholars, will give the commencement address.
* College of Business Administration, 11:30 a.m. Timothy Regan, executive vice president and chief financial officer of J.D. Heiskell Holdings LLC, will provide the commencement remarks.
* College of Education, 10 a.m. Deb Nauerth, principal at Woodrow Wilson Elementary School in Manhattan will give the commencement address.
* College of Engineering, 4 p.m. Mike King, Kansas secretary of transportation and director of the Kansas Turnpike, will give the commencement address.
* College of Human Ecology, 2:30 p.m. Cathryn Wiltfong Lacy, member of the Kansas State University Foundation Board of Trustees, will give the commencement address.
A webcast of the commencement ceremonies will be streamed live at http://www.k-state.edu/graduation/.
A virtual commencement ceremony is available at http://dce.k-state.edu/students/commencement/ for distance education students unable to attend their commencement ceremony in person. The website will include a listing of students earning degrees through distance education, a place for family and friends to post congratulatory messages and other commencement-related offerings.
DVDs of the ceremony may be ordered through the K-State Student Union's Campus Store at 800-KSU-CATS or 785-532-6583. The DVDs are $19.99.
Also, K-State's Army and Air Force ROTC units will have commissioning ceremonies at 10 a.m. Dec. 13 in Forum Hall at the Union. Army ROTC will commission eight officers and Air Force ROTC will commission one officer.