2014 College of Veterinary Medicine Achievements
• High honor: Meena Kumari, associate professor of anatomy and physiology, receives the 2014 Service Award of the Association of Scientists of Indian Origin in America.
• Four Kansas State University veterinary students joined the ranks of scholarship recipients in the U.S. Army Veterinary Corps under the F. Edward Hébert Armed Forces Health Professions Scholarship Program.
• Leadership earns veterinary medicine student Kyle Clymer honor from Western Veterinary Conference.
• Two veterinary medicine students earn $1,000 scholarships from the Academy of Veterinary Consultants.
• The $2,000 Zoetis/American Veterinary Medical Association Student Scholarship has been awarded to 18 veterinary medicine students at K-State.
• Erica Hamman and Megan Guyan, first-year veterinary students, are the only two recipients in the nation of the 2014 U.S. Air Force scholarship for public health officers. The scholarship pays for the students' second, third and fourth years of veterinary school in exchange for three years of active-duty service after graduating.
• The American College of Veterinary Microbiologists named M.M. Chengappa, university distinguished professor and head of the diagnostic medicine and pathobiology department, as its 2013 Distinguished Veterinary Microbiologist of the Year. January 2014