Dickens Hall

Photograph of Dickens Hall

Show Dickens Hall on campus map
Interactive campus map

Dickens Hall houses the Department of Geography and Department of Statistics. The entrance hall features the “grand staircase” with carved oak accents.

Building offices

History

Dickens Hall, built in 1908, originally served as home for the Departments of Horticulture, Botany and Plant Pathology. Greenhouses formerly located north of Dickens were demolished in the 1980s to make room for the Chemistry/Biochemistry Building. Dickens Hall is named for Albert Dickens, who worked in the Department of Horticulture from 1899 to 1930.