Family, Alumni, & Community
You don't have to be an incoming student at K-State to participate in our common reading program. Here are some things you can do with your friends and family.
- Read the book! You can check it out at your local library or purchase a copy online or from your local book store.
- Initiate a conversation with your incoming student about the book.
- If you live near Manhattan, come to the events hosted at K-State.
- Start a book discussion or use Zeitoun in your book club. You can use the ideas listed in our faculty packet, the guide created by the publisher or come up with your own questions.
- Create a disaster preparedness kit and plan for your family so you know what to do if a disaster hits your area.
Do you have an idea you want to share? Email us at email@example.com and we’ll add it to the list.