Family, Alumni, & Community
You don't have to be an incoming student at K-State to participate in our common reading program. Here are some things you can do with your friends and family.
Read the book
- Purchase a copy online or from your local bookstore.
- Borrow a paper copy from your public library.
- Borrow an eBook (both Kindle and Adobe ePUB) of the book from Sunflower eLibrary (public library card required).
- Initiate a conversation with your incoming student about the book.
- Start a book discussion or use Ready Player On in your book club. You can use the ideas listed on our faculty resource page or come up with your own questions.
- Check your local library for video games and console rentals
- Host an 80s party
- Host a movie screening of films from the books
Do you have an idea you want to share? Email us at email@example.com and we’ll add it to the list.