Family, Alumni, & Community
You don't have to be an incoming student at K-State to participate in our common reading program. Here are some things you can do with your friends and family.
Read the book
- Purchase a copy online or from your local bookstore.
- Borrow a paper copy from your public library.
- Initiate a conversation with your incoming student about the book. Suggested questions:
- What problems did London’s rapid expansion cause, and how did it play into the outbreak?
- How was the Board of Health both a positive and negative force as London evolved into a modern city?
- What is the likelihood that a widespread event like the cholera outbreak could happen in America today?
- Johnson says that cities without clean water is a very severe problem in the world- perhaps the single most serious and reprehensible. Do you agree?
- Start a book discussion or use The Ghost Map in your book club. You can use the ideas listed on our faculty resource page or come up with your own questions.
Explore the other resources on this website, including recommended books, movies and website.
Attend the events held on the K-State campus throughout the 2014-2015 school year. See a list of events here.
Do you have an idea you want to share? Email us at email@example.com and we’ll add it to the list.