Ways to use the common book in the classroom
Wondering how you can incorporate the 2012 Common Book selection into your work with students this fall? Below are ideas developed by K-State faculty.
Want to use the book but can’t devote a lot of time?
- Use the book as an example when discussing the philosophies, theories, or perspectives from your discipline.
- Ask your student to attend the events planned by KSBN.
- Develop the musical score for the film.
- Design a movie poster for the film.
- Use multimedia to create a PSA over a theme or issue from the book.
- Have students find a science article inspired by a topic in the book and identify the parts of a research paper.
- Write a review of the book or event related to the book.