Moving Oracle Calendar data to Zimbra Calendar
The K-State Zimbra Collaboration Suite is K-State's new e-mail and calendaring system. Oracle Calendar remains as the K-State calendar through Sunday, June 27, 2010. On Monday June 28, 2010, K-State Zimbra Calendar becomes the K-State calendar.
Those who would like to keep a copy of their Oracle Calendar data in Zimbra Calendar can follow the steps below themselves OR have the IT Help Desk do it for them. Individuals who don't want to import their data into Zimbra Calendar can explore Other archiving options for information on alternative archiving formats.
- In Oracle Calendar, export past calendar appointments.
- In Oracle calendar, turn off the ability for others to invite you to meetings.
- Convert the exported Oracle data file using the online conversion tool.
Note: Converted Oracle data will:
- Not include tasks.
- Make repeating meetings appear as individual instances.
- Set all meetings to Public.
- Remove all attendees from meetings.
- Make you owner of all meetings.
- In Zimbra, create a new calendar to hold the converted data and set the new calendar to be excluded from free/busy searches.
Note: Do not import the Oracle data into an existing calendar.
- Import the converted Oracle Calendar data into the new Zimbra calendar.
- Do not move old appointments into your main Zimbra calendar.
- Use new calendar as reference (read only).
- Manually recreate future appointments in Zimbra.
- Only recreate appointments you own. See Creating appointments for more information.