Student checklist before leaving K-State
Do these tasks before you leave K-State, or as soon as you receive an email notice that access to your data will be removed soon.
If you took one or more K-State courses during the Fall 2011 term or later, your email account, messages, folders, and files
will continue at K-State long-term.
- Review mailing lists.
Delete any mailing lists you don't want to keep.
- Copy any files you are entitled to keep, including:
After 30 days, your data is deleted from the central computer systems and backups.
- Files on your office computer
- Files on the central Unix system
- Files on your departmental or central file server
- Your personal webpages
- Remove software that belongs to K-State.
Remove software on your personal computer that was received under a Kansas State University site license or volume-purchase agreement,
including but not limited to the following list:
- Uninstall Trend Micro when leaving K-State.
- Remove software obtained through K-State software site licenses.
- Remove course-related software received through your department.
- Remove software received through the Microsoft Office and/or Microsoft Windows Work at Home program.
- Students in residence halls: Reset Microsoft Windows Update Service.
Point your computer back to the Microsoft Windows Update Service.
If you don't, your computer will stop getting Microsoft updates, including security updates, and it will be more vulnerable to malware and hackers.
- Download K-State's SUS Removal file and save it to your computer's desktop.
- Double-click the "SUSRemoval.exe" file on your desktop. This will reset your computer to point to the Microsoft Windows Update Service.
- Continue to change your K-State eID password.
Change your eID password when required every 180 days.
It keeps your K-State eID current, so you can sign in to systems for which you're authorized, including eProfile, iSIS, K-State Online, HRIS, etc.
- Access your eProfile page any time to change notification settings.
- Your Career and Employment Services account requires a current K-State eID/password. You can access CES job listings, interview
opportunities, and career-related information for a year after leaving.
- If you miss a password deadline and need to regain access, contact the IT Help Desk,
email@example.com, phone 785-532-7722, or 800-865-6143 toll-free.