Before Leaving K-State Student Checklist
Do these tasks before you leave K-State, or as soon as you receive an email notice that access to your data will be removed soon.
If you took one or more K-State courses, your email account, messages, and folders will continue at K-State long-term.
- Review mailing lists.
Delete any mailing lists you don't want to keep.
- Copy any files you are entitled to keep, including:
- Office 365 OneDrive files
- Files on your office computer
- Files on the central Unix system
- Files on your departmental or central file server
- Your personal webpages
- Remove software that belongs to K-State.
Remove software on your personal computer that was received under a Kansas State University site license or volume-purchase agreement, including but not limited to the following list:
- Students in residence halls: Reset Microsoft Windows Update Service.
Point your computer back to the Microsoft Windows Update Service.
- Download K-State's SUS Removal file and save it to your computer's desktop.
- Double-click the "SUSRemoval.exe" file on your desktop. This will reset your computer to point to the Microsoft Windows Update Service.
- Continue to change your K-State eID password.
Change your eID password when required every 180 days. It keeps your K-State eID current, so you can sign in to systems for which you're authorized, including eProfile, iSIS, K-State Online, HRIS, etc.
- Access your eProfile page any time to change notification settings.
- Your Career and Employment Services account requires a current K-State eID/password. You can access CES job listings, interview opportunities, and career-related information for a year after leaving.
- If you miss a password deadline and need to regain access, contact the IT Help Desk, firstname.lastname@example.org, 785-532-7722, or 800-865-6143.