Access to IT Resources
|STUDENTS WHO LEAVE K-STATE||EMPLOYEES WHO LEAVE K-STATE|
|* Retain access to||* Retain access to|
|Lose access to||Lose access to|
* As long as the eID is kept active by meeting K-State's password-change deadlines each semester.
In special circumstances and at the request of the appropriate university administrator with the approval of the Chief Information Officer, email may be terminated immediately for cause. This requires a formal email or letter by the requesting administrator to the Chief Information Officer.
- Students must have taken a credit course.
- K-State graduates retain access to email as long as they continue to change their password every 180 days.
Emeritus faculty and staff, and retirees
- Lose access to Office 365 apps, including OneDrive, three weeks after their retirement date.
- Lose access to KSIS.
- Retain access to email as long as they continue to change their password every 180 days.
- Retain access to online library journals and databases from campus computers. Requests for remote access in order to continue research activities will be considered on an individual basis.
- Lose access to Office 365, including forwarded email 240 days after they have left the university. A reminder will be sent at 226 days after they have left the university.