Wireless printing instructions for PCs
Wireless printing from anywhere on campus to Pharos printers located in the following areas is available for on-campus users connected to the KSU Wireless network:
- Hale Library - Floors 1, 2, and 3
- Justin lab
- Dickens lab
- Seaton lab and library
- Union Copy Center
- Users who have already setup Pharos wireless printing for Housing & Dining Services will still have to go through the setup for the university computing labs and Hale library to print to the above listed locations.
- Users can print to these printers from anywhere on campus, however, they will go to the release station in those locations to actually print the job.
- Print jobs are automatically deleted from the held queue after 50 min.
Installing the Pharos software
- Download the Pharos software and then click Run.
Note: If you don't see the Run button when you first download the file, click Save File, double-click the saved file, and then click Run.
- Click Install.
- Click Finish.
Configuring the printer
Before printing, the printer must be configured to print double-sided and on plain paper.
- Click Start and then click Printers and Faxes.
- Right-click the UCL & Hale - Black & White printer and then click Printing Preferences.
- Click the Printing shortcuts tab and then select the Two-sided (Duplex) Printing option if it is not already selected.
- Click the Paper Quality tab and then on the Paper Type menu, select More.
- Click the + next to Type is: and then the + next to Everyday.
- Click Plain and then click OK.
- Click OK.
Uninstalling the Pharos software
- Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Pharos and then click Uninstall Pharos.
- Click Next.
- Select the Pharos Popups option and then click Next.
- Click Next and then click Start.
- Click Finish.