Equipment checkout for K-Staters
214 Hale Library (next to IT Help Desk)
- Checkouts and returns: 9 a.m.-5:45 p.m.
- Office is open 8 a.m.-6 p.m.
Make a reservation
Multimedia equipment can be checked out by current K-State students, faculty, and staff at no charge.
A current K-State ID card is required to verify identity.
This free service is provided by the Information Technology Assistance Center.
What do you want to find?
- Checkout time limit is three days. (Extensions may be possible.)
- Equipment must be returned by noon on the due date.
- Patrons must provide their own recording media.
- For equipment reservations, call 785-532-4918 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Show a current K-State ID card when picking up equipment.
- Provide your K-State email address (for notifications).
- Provide a working telephone number.
- Sign the checkout policy agreement form at the time of checkout.
Late fees and damages
- Late fees are charged at a rate of $1.00 per hour per equipment item.
- Damaged or missing accessories will be charged to the patron at replacement cost.
- An immediate hold is put on any K-State student account that has late fees or damages exceeding $25.
Video equipment for checkout
|Click an equipment link to view the related user manual.
Manuals are in PDF format and require Adobe Reader to be installed.
Vixia HF M40 & HF M41,
XL1s (faculty only)
|Digital still cameras
- Epson LCD EMP-760
- Mitsubishi XD300U
- projector screens
Laptops and webcams for checkout
(for faculty/staff and graduate students only)
- Macintosh with Screenflow
|Laptop with speech-to-text
(for students with disabilities)
- Dell with Dragon Naturally Speaking (adaptive technology software)
Mac and PC
Audio recording equipment for checkout
- Desktop microphone
- Handheld microphone
- Podcasting microphone
- Rode NTG-2 shotgun microphone
- Wireless microphone
- XLR Beachteck Mic Adapter
Resources in the Media Development Center
The Media Development Center, 213 Hale Library, provides assistance, equipment tutorials, and additional resources for K-Staters.
- Audio equipment: Sound booth
- CD/DVD burners
- Closed Caption TV (CCTV) Print Magnification System (for people who are visually impaired)
- Color printer
- Scanners: Flatbed scanners, slides/negatives scanner, large-format scanner, multi-feed scanner (paper-to-PDF)
- Video-editing equipment and software