GTA/GRA/GA Health Insurance Information
GTA/GRA health insurance enrollment is managed by Division of Human Resources. Please contact them for any GTA/GRA/GA health insurance questions. ISSS can not help you with enrolling or paying for GTA/GRA health insurance. For information on accessing the online enrollment for the GTA/GRA/GA health insurance, please visit http://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/health/gradhealth.html. It is your responsibility to enroll in the GTA/GRA/GA health insurance.
Kansas State University
103 Edwards Hall
Manhattan, KS 66506-4801
8 a.m. - 5 p.m. (CST)
- Eligibility for the GRA/GTA/GA insurance is determined at the beginning of each semester. For each of the fall and spring semesters, the student must be appointed as a .5 GTA/GRA/GA (or any combination of the three to equal .5) for a minimum of eight consecutive workweeks during that semester. For the summer session, the student must be appointed as a .5 GTA/GRA/GA (or any combination of the three to equal .5) for a minimum of four consecutive workweeks from June 1 through July 31. These guidelines include international students.
When to enroll
- August 1 – 31 is open enrollment. If eligible, coverage will begin August 1 provided you enroll and are appointed in August. No reminder notice is sent out, as this is the start of a new plan year.
- Additional details at http://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/health/gradhealth.html
Where to enroll
- Go to UHCSR and select the link directly below the GRA/GTR/GA Enrollment Instructions. The website can also be used to access information on supplemental policies for Dental and Vision insurance, Continuation Insurance, and the complete Policy Brochure. Questions on specific coverage or allowances must be directed to UnitedHealthcare.
The Enrollment Process
- Complete an online enrollment form through UHCSR
- Human Resources will verify that you meet all eligibility requirements and approve your coverage with UHCSR.
- NOTE: This process may take as long as 2-4 weeks to complete, depending on when appointment papers are received in our office from your department. Papers are processed into the Human Resources database in the order received. If any documents are missing or incorrect, the process may be delayed. WE ASK THAT YOU PLEASE HAVE PATIENCE.
- Once approval is given in the UHCSR system, you will receive an email from UHCSR with payment instructions on how to make payment. This email is sent to the address you included on your application. Be sure to check your SPAM and Junk folders.
- If you do not receive the email by the end of August, contact Human Capital Services at 785-532-6277 to check on your status.
Information specific to International Students with an F1 or J1 visa
- We will work closely with the HCS and UHCSRoffice about the removal of the insurance fee from your KSIS account PROVIDED you meet eligibility requirements and have made payment for the insurance. You do not have to submit the waiver form.
- If you have made payment for your health insurance, but the charge remains on your KSIS account after the 20th day, contact email@example.com for assistance.