GTA, GRA, GA & TA Health Insurance Information
GTA/GRA health insurance enrollment is managed by Division of Human Resources. Please contact them for any GTA/GRA health insurance questions. ISSS can not help you with enrolling or paying for GTA/GRA health insurance. For information on accessing the online enrollment for the GTA/GRA/GA health insurance, please visit http://www.k-state.edu/hr/current-employees/benefits/gradhealth.html. It is your responsibility to enroll in the GTA/GRA health insurance.
Kansas State University
103 Edwards Hall
Manhattan, KS 66506-4801
8 a.m. - 5 p.m. (CST)
- Appointed total of .5 FTE
- Appointed for a minimum of 8 weeks during the semester
- Appointed as a graduate teaching, graduate research or graduate assistant
When to enroll
- August 1 – 31 is open enrollment. If eligible, coverage will begin August 1 provided you enroll and are appointed in August. No reminder notice is sent out, as this is the start of a new plan year.
- You may still enroll after the open enrollment period ends, but coverage will begin the date you complete the application.
- United Health Care – Student Resources (UHCSR) will not accept applications or payment within 30 days of the end of the coverage period. (December)
- Optional riders for dental and/or vision coverage must be purchased by September 15, 2014, and are valid for the full plan year (August 1, 2014 to July 31, 2015). Enrollment for dental and vision is completed separately and directly thru UHCSR.
Where to enroll
- Online applications are available at: www.uhcsr.com/k-state . Choose the 2014-3 Enrollment Form.
- You may still enroll after the open enrollment period ends, but coverage will begin the date you complete the application. **International students on an F1 or J1 visa, see below**
The Enrollment Process
- Complete an online enrollment form thru UHCSR
- Human Resources will verify that you meet all eligibility requirements and approve your coverage with UHCSR.
- NOTE: This process may take as long as 2-4 weeks to complete, depending on when appointment papers are received in our office from your department. Papers are processed into the Human Resources database in the order received. If any documents are missing or incorrect, the process may be delayed. WE ASK THAT YOU PLEASE HAVE PATIENCE.
- Once approval is given in the UHCSR system, you will receive an email from UHCSR with payment instructions on how to make payment. This email is sent to the address you included on your application. Be sure to check your SPAM and Junk folders.
- If you do not receive the email by the end of August, contact Human Resources at email@example.com to check on your status.
Information specific to International Students with an F1 or J1 visa
- We will work closely with the ISSS office about the removal of the insurance fee from your iSIS account PROVIDED you meet eligibility requirements and have made payment for the insurance. You do not have to submit the waiver form.
- You must pay for the GTA/GRA/GA health insurance by 20th day of classes to receive the discounted premium. Failure to do so will result in your health insurance enrollment being processed by the International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS) office and the charge for the full premium will remain on your iSIS account.
- If you have made payment for your health insurance, but the charge remains on your iSIS account after the 20th day, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.