Working Together to Promote Cultural Understanding
The Upcoming Event
International Coordinating Council will host its annual International Week from April 6-12, 2015.
• Monday, April 6: At 11 a.m., a parade with flags will go from the International Student Center to Bosco Plaza. A Game Day will be from noon to 2 p.m. in Bosco Plaza, featuring fun activities to learn about the different cultures represented at K-State. Learn how to write your name in different languages, use chopsticks and more. At 7 p.m. catch a Fashion Show in the K-State Student Union Forum Hall.
• Tuesday, April 7: From 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. students from many cultures will be represented with artifacts from their home countries during the Cultural Exhibition. Vote for your favorite in the K-State Student Union courtyard.
• Wednesday, April 8: The panel discussion "Your International Career" will be from 4-5p.m. in the Union's Little Theater.
• Thursday, April 7: Learn how to dance with international dance lessons from Indonesia, Japan, Latin America, India and many more from 4-6 p.m. in the Union courtyard.
• Sunday, April 12: Finally, finish off the week by attending the Talent Show at 7 p.m. in the Union's Forum Hall. We will have amazing dancers, artists, singers, and other talented individuals sharing their rich culture through their talents. We also will present the International Coordinating Council scholarships and the winners of both the Cultural Exhibition and International Week.
Join us for a week of excitement!!
Who Are We?
ICC is a group of international and American students and scholars representing over 100 countries, working together to promote fellowship and cultural understanding of people of diverse nationalities. Our objectives:
- To promote cooperation, understanding, and fellowship among students of all nationalities at Kansas State University.
- To work for the improvement of the living conditions of the international students of all nationalities at Kansas State University.
- To work for the establishment of good relations and rapport between the international and the American students at Kansas State University.
- To take a position on issues that affect the international students at the university including their relationship with the faculty, administration, the community, and their fellow students.
ICC works with the international student organizations at KSU and various groups in the Manhattan community, to celebrate diversity and host cultural events. ICC provides guidance to international students and also serves as a voice for international students at the university level.
February 2, March 2, March 30.
Come for a social with food and refreshments to meet everyone from the international community and hear about awesome upcoming events!
Representatives from each international student organization are encouraged to attend to share information about their organization's activities, address concerns, and provide feedback.
Everyone is invited to participate in ICC and membership is free. Through ICC, people from around the world come together.
The Mission Statement
International Coordinating Council is an organization with a mission to foster relations between International students and Americans by hosting different events. ICC's main aim is to bring unity among diversity at KSU campus. We work with different international organizations at KSU and try to bring everyone at one platform. We are a group of people who constantly work to showcase cultures of different nations on KSU soil. Anyone who wants to make a difference at international level and wants to meet new people is welcome to be a member of ICC.