1. K-State home
  2. »Human Capital Services
  3. »Benefits
  4. »Workers Compensation

Human Capital Services

Workers’ Compensation Insurance

If, at any time, an employee of Kansas State University is injured while on duty they are required to report the accident to their supervisor. At that point the employee is to complete an Accident Report (1101-A). All employee accidents are to be reported to Human Resources within three working days of the incident via the Accident Form. Workers’ Compensation insurance is provided through the State Self-Insurance Fund.

When Eligible: Employee is eligible the first day of employment.

Who Pays: The university pays the cost for this plan.

Further information:  State Self-Insurance Fund and Frequently Asked Questions (pdf)