Checklist for Newly Admitted Students
- Admission letter has been received.
(International students - I-20 or DS-2019 has also been received.)
- International students - obtained visa.
- Viewed Graduate School's virtual orientation site for information.
- Travel plans have been made.
- Housing has been arranged.
- Contact has been made with advisor
- International students - Took I-20 or DS-2019 to International Student Center. Attended orientation sessions for international students.
- Obtained student identification card.
- Set up computer account.
- Made banking arrangements.
- Secured housing and paid necessary deposits.
- International students - Went to Lafene Health Center to make arrangements for mandatory tuberculoisis testing if from high risk country. NOTE: It is very important that international students obtain mandatory health insurance before beginning TB testing.
- International students - If required, contacted English Language Program to register for English proficiency test. Took test.
- International students on graduate teaching appointments - Contacted English Language Program to register for SPEAK test. Took test.
- Met with advisor for information concerning enrollment, departmental orientation sessions, and program requirements.
- Attended orientation session sponsored by the Graduate School for all new graduate students.
- Attended orientation session sponsored by the Graduate School for all new graduate teaching assistants, graduate research assistants, and graduate assistants.
- Enrolled in classes after consultation with advisor.
- Paid tuition and fees.
- Obtained parking permit (if needed).
- Became familiar with K-State Online system for use in coursework.
- Purchased books and supplies.
- Attended departmental orientation sessions, if applicable.
- Attended first class!