Images and PowerPoint slides - Word 2013
To insert an image into your document, follow these steps:
- Click where you want the image to appear.
- On the Insert menu, click Pictures.
- Select the image file you want to insert and click Insert.
It’s best to use these image formats:
- GIF: use for images that are mostly text or simple shapes
- JPG or JPEG: use for photographic images
- PNG: Portable Network Graphic. Use for any type of image
Avoid using the TIFF format for images. TIFF images are used in print publications and for archival purposes, but the files are extremely large and the extra resolution they offer cannot be displayed on computer monitors.
To insert a PowerPoint slide, follow these steps:
- In PowerPoint, click Slide Sorter on the View menu.
- Right click the slide you want to insert, then click Copy.
- In your Word document, click where you want to insert the slide.
- On the Home tab, click Paste.
This will insert the entire PowerPoint slide as an image into your Word document.
Individual images from PowerPoint slides
- Avoid copying and pasting individual images from PowerPoint slides.
- If you need to use an individual image from a slide, rather than the entire slide, use the original image that was used to create the slide and insert that image into Word.
- If you no longer have the original image, it may be possible to copy the image from the PowerPoint slide. Contact the IT Help Desk for assistance.