Giving to Geography
Be an active alumni by joining the K-State Alumni Association and by giving to the Department of Geography! Past alumni contributions have been used to award scholarships to well-deserving students and to support student travel to important professional meetings held across the nation and the world.
Those interested in giving to a specific geography account may use the convenient, and secure, links below:
- K-State Geography Alumni Fund (F32750) - The K-State Geography Alumni Fund, established by K-State Geography alumni and supported by alumni, friends and faculty in the Department of Geography, is to be used for the purposes of supporting student travel to professional meetings and professional development workshops, as well as for providing undergraduate student scholarships.
- Gamma Theta Upsilon Geography Fund (F25863) - The Gamma Theta Upsilon Geography Fund helps to support local Beta Psi chapter activities such as travel and conference attendance for undergraduate and graduate student members of GTU.
- Geography Excellence Fund (F26200) - The general Department of Geography foundation account. Contributions are used to support scholarly activities of undergraduate and graduate students, including financial support to attend professional meetings.
- Huber Self Geography Scholarship (Q86480) - The Self Scholarship is supported by alumni and friends of the Department of Geography and is bestowed in the name of Professor Emeritus Huber Self. Professor Self retired in 1980 after having devoted more than 33 years of his professional life to the advancement of geography at KSU. He has authored textbooks and atlases on the Geography of Kansas and numerous articles in professional journals.
- William D. Grimm Memorial Scholarship (Q06810) - The William D. Grimm Memorial Scholarship is given to an undergraduate geography major. The award honors William Grimm, a 1986 Kansas State geography major, who was killed in action on January 31, 1991, during the Persian Gulf War.
- Leblanc Outstanding Undergraduate Major Award (Q76550) - An annual award to the outstanding undergraduate geography student of the year and named after Leonard LeBlanc, III, who earned a B.S. in Geography in 1973.
- H.L. "Sy" Seyler Undergraduate GIScience Scholarship (Q37360) - The Seyler Undergraduate GIScience Scholarship, supported by alumni, friends, and faculty of the Department of Geography, is the newest undergraduate scholarship and is bestowed in the name of emeritus faculty member H.L. "Sy" Seyler. Dr. Seyler retired in 2000 after having devoted nearly three decades of professional service to the advancement of both geography and geographic information science at Kansas State University.
- White Geography Graduate Teaching Assistant Excellence Award (Q95152) - This annual award, formerly known as the Distinguished Graduate Assistantship Award, is presented to the geography graduate student for outstanding performance as a teaching assistant.
- Rumsey Bissell Marston Scholarship (Q31430) - The Rumsey Bissell Marston Scholarship was established to support graduate students in Geography at Kansas State University who are pursuing theses or dissertations centered in physical geography. The scholarship honors the memory of R.B. Marston, a lifelong educator, who attributed his achievements to hard work, a positive outlook, self-confidence, and effective mentoring.
- Mary Dobbs Outstanding Department Citizen Award (F25865) - An annual award established in Spring 2006 to recognize the geography student whose actions during the past year best exemplify the spirit of the department and a willingness to give "110%". This award was renamed the Mary Dobbs Outstanding Department Citizen Award to honor the memory of Mary Dobbs, a geography doctoral student, who passed away during the Fall 2006 semester.