Committee on Academic Policy and Procedures (Faculty Senate Committee #3010)
The purpose of this committee is to coordinate the development, implementation, and revision of procedures supporting approved academic policies that impact the academic progress and/or experience of K-State students. Responsibilities include:
- Review, analyze, and assess implications regarding implementation of proposed academic policies and related procedures as directed by Faculty Senate Academic Affairs and/or the Provost. This includes review of proposed technology projects for impact on academic procedures and required changes to those procedures.
- Make recommendations to Faculty Senate Academic Affairs and the Provost regarding the need for new or revised academic procedures and processes supporting academic policies.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of academic procedures in support of academic policies as directed by the Provost.
- Provides interpretations regarding academic policies.
- Prepares studies and recommendations as directed by Faculty Senate Academic Affairs and/or the Provost.
- Be responsible for the scheduling of all undergraduate and graduate academic events such as enrollment periods, drop/add periods, class periods, exams not given during regular class periods, and final exams.
Approved June 19, 2012