Office of Admissions
Kansas State University
119 Anderson Hall
Manhattan, KS 66506-0102

800-432-8270 toll free

785-532-6393 fax


Out-of-state students

Qualified Admission

Since precollege curriculum requirements vary from state to state, the Kansas Board of Regents Qualified Admission standards have options for assessing out-of-state students. We can review the college readiness benchmarks of ACT subscores and also consider the precollege curriculum of your state. A 2.5 or higher GPA on precollege courses is required as well as either a top third class rank, a 21 ACT composite, or a 980 SAT CR+M. Don't hesitate to apply for admission. Once we have your application and all your academic information, we will conduct a full review. 

Discounted tuition

K-State has exchange programs for students in the following programs and states:

  • Students from Missouri who major in architectural engineering, architecture, interior architecture and landscape architecture.
  • Veterinary medicine students from North Dakota.
Midwest Student Exchange Program

Students from Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota and Wisconsin who major in any of 20 specific majors, mostly in architecture, agriculture or engineering, receive discounted tuition from the Midwest Student Exchange Program.


Bachelor's degree programs
AgribusinessConstruction science and management
Ag communications and journalismFeed science
Agricultural economicsFood science and industry
Agricultural technology managementHorticulture
Agriculture educationIndustrial engineering
AgronomyMechanical engineering (nuclear concentration)
Animal science and industryMilling science
Architectural engineeringNutrition and kinesiology
Bakery sciencePark management and conservation
Biological systems engineering 

Master's degree programs

ArchitectureInterior architecture and product design
Landscape architectureRegional and community planning
Kansas statute and regulations

Initial residency classification is determined from information you provide when you apply for admission. If you are living or attending school outside Kansas, if you recently moved to Kansas, or if you graduate from high school outside the state of Kansas, you may be classified as a nonresident for tuition purposes. Admitted students receive notification if classified as nonresidents. It is the student's responsibility to provide any additional information that may be required to make an accurate residency determination.

More about Kansas residency.

Request informationApply nowMeet your admissions rep