What is Academic Coaching?
Students are appointed an Academic Coach whose main role is to support these students through all of their first year needs. Academic Coaches assist students by meeting frequently throughout the year to discuss the students' needs, concerns, class schedules, goals, and progress.
Have you ever...
- Had trouble remembering appointment times,
- Felt overwhelmed with new responsibilities,
- Had trouble with class attendance,
- Wanted to improve student expectations in the classroom,
- Wanted to sharpen your academic skills such as test and note taking skills, organization, and time management,
then you might want to request a coach to start meeting with one our professional Academic Coaches! You can request a coach here.
Academic Coaching Outcomes
- Demonstrate successful time management skills.
- Develop a variety of study strategies that work for you; select and utilize them appropriately.
- Acquire and demonstrate awareness of K-State resources (e.g. tutoring, the Writing Center, the ACIC, your academic advisor, etc.).
- Define and make progress toward career goals.
- Make progress toward graduation.
- Analyze personal strengths and limitations in order to maximize academic success, for example in selecting courses.
- Exhibit ethical conduct at all times and follow guidelines of academic honesty expected of a K-State student.
- Identify and participate in University-sponsored activities and student groups that fall within your areas of interest and/or align with your career goals.
- Establish connections with faculty, staff, and students in the K-State family.
- Articulate the purpose and benefits of a college education.