Ways to celebrate
A list of projects planned around the K-State Sesquicentennial Celebration:
- All proceeds from the 150th celebration will go towards the 150th Scholarship Fund
- Pictorial History Book
- Notable Wildcats--hundreds of individuals identified
- Sesquicentennial Time Capsule
- Documentation of the celebration year
- 150th Brown Bag Lunch & Lecture Series -- featuring various speakers and historical topics weekly during the spring and fall 2013 semesters--check the website for updates
- Special signage and marketing throughout Manhattan to engage community members
- Special landscaping around campus commemorating the events
- Call Hall producing special "150th" flavor of ice cream
- Merchandise and Memorabilia website will be available December 2012. This website will sell the official 150th t-shirt, commemorative pictorial history book, scarves, notecards, auction items and Wildcat March replicas.
- Commissioned pieces of music and artwork being created from on and off-campus artists
- Cabinet of Wonders Exhibit, opens February 2013 at the Beach Museum of Art
- Teatime to Tailgates Cookbook by Jane Marshall
- Across campus: A K-State Alphabet Journey, an alphabet book authored by Debbie Mercer, Dean, College of Education, and Dr. Lotta Larson, Assistant Professor of Curriculum & Instruction, College of Education
- "Because I am a teacher….": 150 years of education and K-State - An electronic anthology about teachers prepared at Kansas State University. This anthology will be an archival resource that can be added to by students and faculty in the future.
If you are planning a project around the K-State Sesquicentennial Celebration and would like the project to be featured on this website, please contact Megan Umscheid, Sesquicentennial Coordinator, via email at email@example.com.
|Senior Graphic Design Class||Design of poster, banner and t-shirt for celebration|
|Senior Interior Architecture Class||Design of exhibits used at kick-off event|
|Construction Science students||Design and construction of food, merchandise and memorabilia stands|
|Baking Science/Grain Science students||Creation of 150th celebration cupcake and icing|
|Dining Services/HRM Students||Presentation and coordination of food items at the kick-off event|